At Beachcroft we are committed to proactively implementing measures developed to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment. We recognise that our work may have a direct or indirect impact on the environment. We encourage all of our guests and members of staff to be aware of these impacts and to work as a team to reduce our carbon emissions, our impact on the environment and to enhance the sustainability of our business.
Save the Planet', 'Eco Friendly', 'Carbon footprint', 'Sustainability' – all over used media catchphrases, but regardless of your opinion about Global Warming, most people now accept that reducing energy comnsumption in every aspect of our lives – at home, at work, at play – would be a good thing!
Here are some of the actions we have taken as we strive to do our bit for the environement
- At Beachcroft we have installed the latest renewable technology, using a combination of Air Source Heat Pumps, Solar Power, Heat Recovery, low powered LED's to generate heating, cooling, ventilation, hot water and light, using a fraction of the energy of conventional systems.
- During our refurbishment we also increased the levels of insulation throughout the building as a whole
- We buy local, fair-trade and environmentally friendly products where possible
- We comply with all relevant environmental legislation relating to health, safety and the environment
- We adhere to the waste hierarchy of reduce, re-use, recycle and consider the environmental impacts of goods and services as part of our procurement process
- We provide bicycles for our guests to use
- We are researching various options for composting all of our food waste
- We actively support the local community and local charities and events. We are members of COAST (Cornwall sustainable Tourism Project), SAS (Surfers Against Sewage) and MCS (Marine Conservation Society)
What actions can you take to help Save the Planet
- Turn off any lights where possible
- Visit local, travel local.
- Consider whether you need fresh towels. If you wish to have your towel changed, please leave in the bath or shower.
- Please do not leave showers and taps running and only fill the kettle with the amount of water you need
Finally, we would like you, our valued guest to inform us of where we can improve. Please email any suggestions to email@example.com